Last update: 07/03/2021
Virteo NV (“We”, “Virteo”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Therefore, we treat all personal data with great care and comply with the regulations of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
In this statement (“Statement”) we explain what personal information we collect from people who visit our website www.virteo.com (“Website”), when we collect it, why we do so and how we use the information. Please read this statement carefully to find out how we deal with your personal information.
Who are we?
Virteo is a digital platform to collect unpaid invoices registered in Belgium with company number 0820.802.419. Our address is Generaal de Wittelaan 9/16, 2800 Mechelen.
What do we do?
We facilitate efficient and ethical debt collection by uniting companies, debt collectors and debtors on our platform. We do this through Virteo SaaS Products and Services (“Products and Services”). This website provides you with more information about these Products and Services and the content relevant to them. We collect and process certain personal information when you use this website. In order to process that data, it is sometimes shared with a third party.
More details on how we collect and process data can be found in this statement.
Types of data collection and legal basis
We collect data when you visit our website, for example, when visit the products pages and our blogs. We may also collect information (via cookies) about how you use our website.
An overview of all the ways we collect your information is provided in the table below:
|Type of information||Why do we collect it||Legal basis|
|Technical information: IP address, browser type, operating system, time zone.||To improve your website experience and keep our website secure.||Consent|
|Information about your visit: URL, referring page to our website (including date and time, page duration, pages visited)||To improve your website experience and optimize our website.||Consent|
|Contact information: first name, last name, email address, phone number, company you work for if you enter this information in our contact form or if you request a demo using the form provided.||To be able to identify and contact you when you yourself indicate that you would like to be contacted by us. To provide you with information, products and services that are best suited to your needs. To send you direct marketing communications with your explicit consent.||Consent|
|Newsletter contact information: e-mail address||To provide you with the services you have requested.||Consent|
Processing your data with approval
Where applicable, we will only collect your data with your consent – as required by law.
You may decide at any time to withdraw your consent to this by contacting us at email@example.com. If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive our newsletter, you may do so by using the unsubscribe button in the footer of our emails.
In order to process your data, we use third party services, such as Google and Mailchimp.
Protecting your data
We process your data with the necessary care and will never pass it on to others without permission, except when required by law. However, it is not possible to guarantee complete protection of your data. Processing on the Internet is never completely risk-free. You give us your data at your own risk. We do, however, make every effort to process your data in a safe and secure manner.
Storing your data and storage period
We store all the personal information you provide on secure servers within the European Union.
We only store your data for the period we need it to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or provided to us, unless we need to keep it longer due to legal obligation. We assess on an annual basis whether we still need to retain retained personal data to meet the relevant purposes. If it is no longer necessary, it will be deleted after 10 years at the latest.
Transfer of data
We limit access to personal data to our employees and third parties for whom access is necessary to provide you with the information, Product or Services you expect from us. Such third parties include:
- Our partners who co-support our Product and Services
- The subcontractors, suppliers and other third parties who provide us with administrative, IT or other services.
- Analytics tools that help us optimize our website.
- Advertisers and advertising platforms that use the data to show you relevant campaigns.
We also disclose your personal data to third parties if we are required to share it to comply with a legal obligation or judicial or administrative decision.
In accordance with GDPR legislation, you have the following rights:
- Right of access by the data subject. You have the right to inspect your data. You can contact us at any time to request access to personal information we hold about you.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to remove or amend incorrect personal information. If we hold erroneous personal information about you, you may ask for it to be rectified at any time.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information. Nevertheless, we may need to keep certain information for legal reasons.
- Right to restriction of processing. When you express your objection to the processing of your personal information or you ask us to correct your information, you have the right to the restriction of the processing of your information during this process.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to ask us to transfer the personal information we store from you in an accessible format or to send it to another entity.
- Right to object. If you believe that we do not have the right to process your personal information, you may object.
- Right to withdraw consent. You can withdraw the consent you have given us to collect and process information.
We keep our data up-to-date and as accurate as possible. You can exercise your rights above by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this statement
Any changes we make to this statement can be found on this page, and, if necessary, you will be notified by email. Please visit this page regularly to check whether any changes have been made.
If you have questions, comments, complaints or requests related to this privacy statement you can contact us at email@example.com.